This is a new series I *thought* about introducing and then decided I’d give it a try. What the heck, right?
Basically, there are often thoughts or ideas I have that I want to share but they aren’t worthy of an entire blog post (no one wants to read a whole post on my thoughts on the Vampire Diaries season finale!). So I thought I’d wrap up these thoughts in a Thursday Thoughts column – it might not happen every week, but just when I have something to say. I guess it’s kind of a “Miscellaneous” post.
Just like my monthly goal setting posts, this is not designed to be a post where I just spew my thoughts out and let them sit there. I want to hear from YOU! It’s about creating a dialogue – as I hope my goal setting encourages you to set your own goals, I want to hear your thoughts on things I’m pondering too!
So here are my thoughts from the past week…
- I LOVE poached eggs, so finally gave poaching an egg a go, and I actually was successful on the first try! I wouldn’t have been able to do it without explicit step-by-step instructions. The best ones I found were from Smitten Kitchen here.
- My latest pet peeve is when people precede a comment with “Thanks for commenting on my blog so I could find yours!”. I am guilty as charged – I did it for the first little while after I started blogging because I had seen it in so many places I thought that was just the etiquette, but now I just find it grating. Just saying.
TV shows I am giving up on:
- Ringer, because I don’t have a choice – it was cancelled! I can’t honestly believe that Hart of Dixie was renewed yet Ringer was cancelled but ah well. I wasn’t particularly attached to the show but it’s a mystery and I get really frustrated from watching a season of a mystery show and then having it cancelled so I never really find out what happened. Grr…
- The Grey’s Anatomy finale convinced me not to give up on it yet – at least, not until I find out what happened to them all (spoiler: the main cast members, ie Derek, Meredith, Cristina, Alex etc, all signed on for another season so we can assume they all survive). But it was a pretty bad season before that, and it has been going on for maybe too long now (8 years and counting)…
- Desperate Housewives – it’s donezo. Still super bummed they killed Mike off – why was that necessary? – but that show had a pretty good run.
TV shows that make me want it to be fall already!:
- The Vampire Diaries – of course! My favourite guilty pleasure. After dragging out the damsel-in-distress storylines for Elena, I’m excited to see her finally be a vampire. At last!
- Glee – I was about to give up on it, but the season finale was good! I know that at least three of the main cast members (Lea Michele, Cory Monteith and Chris Colfer) are coming back so I’m curious to see how they do that after Tuesday night’s finale.
TV shows that make me happy it’s summer:
- Ah, The Bachelorette. True guilty pleasure watching in the summertime – and I’m a big Reality Steve fan, so I love knowing all the spoilers before watching!
- So You Think You Can Dance. My favourite reality show ever (I’m such a dance fan!). It starts today, I’m so excited!
- I’ve been thinking about TV shows way too much recently, clearly.
Books I’ve been reading:
- As I read mostly young adult due to the fact that I write in that genre, I have been trying out some new YA authors I haven’t read before. Jenny Han‘s The Summer I Turned Pretty trilogy was my most recent read. A great, fast summer beach read about young love and the hardships of losing someone you love to cancer (it’s not as depressing as that sounds, but the way she handles that storyline is one of my favourite things about the trilogy). The main character is quite realistically juvenile in the first book but I did feel she should mature more as the series went on. I also hate the title of the first book. But other than that, I loved them – and you will find yourself wanting a Jeremiah or Conrad for yourself soon!
- Side note: Jeremiah is totally on my list of favourite names now.
- I was so excited for the sunshine last week. I hit up a running track (I needed the proper surface a running track provides for my injured knee) and completed a 5K run – my first since last summer. I don’t run much due to a knee injury and because I’m used to running in extremely hot weather from back home, I struggle to run in cool temperatures. So I was thrilled to get out there, but now the weather has turned sour again. Sigh, I hope the temperatures rise again soon!
- We went on a gentle but long and fun hike when I was staying in a cabin on Mayne Island (off the coast of BC) last weekend. We went for the long weekend as it was my friend’s birthday. Super fun times and a LOT of food, but that was counteracted somewhat by our gentle hike. It reminded me of how important it is to take your fitness outdoors when the weather is nice!
- Fitnessista posted the other day about remembering The Oregon Trail. Did anyone else play that game? I was so obsessed with it – my sister and I both. We bought Oregon Trail and then quickly snapped up Oregon Trail 2 when it came out as well. It was so much fun – I loved building my ‘family’ of wagon passengers and then nursing them back to health or buying provisions for the trip. Lol. I wish they would use today’s technology and come up with a brand-new version. Did anyone else play Oregon Trail growing up?
- What are your recommended reads for summer?
- Do you find your fitness regime changes much as warm weather approaches?
- Do you have any guilty pleasure TV shows you watch in summer or that you will miss until they start again in fall?
- And remember to come back tomorrow for a GIVEAWAY! 🙂