Lemon Olive Oil Bundt Cake (and giveaway winner announced!)
I love bundt cakes – that is probably evident due to the fact that this is my third bundt cake recipe on this blog already (out of only five cake recipes – one of which is a cupcake recipe…yikes!). Click here for my orange sour cream bundt cake and here for my chocolate bundt cake.
But they just look so much more appetizing in that perfect round shape, and you can get so many more servings out of a bundt cake, so they’re better for you, right? Smaller portions and all…?
Meh, I tried.
Either way, this is a delicious cake to serve at a spring/summer party. Just look at it! Plus there is something unexpected and surprising about olive oil combined with lemon juice that makes this cake extra special.
I took this one to my church’s potluck recently (with these Rice Krispie treats for the kids) and it was a hit. That’s why there’s no photos of the inside though, sadly. I couldn’t massacre it before I served it – as much as I wanted to!
Now confession time – the white icing you see here has sugar. I made it the way my mom taught me when I was a kid – a traditional lemon glaze that is simply lemon juice mixed with icing sugar until you reach the desired consistency.
However, I really just did this to make it look prettier. Underneath I had already put a clear agave nectar-sweetened glaze that tasted just perfect on its own. So my fellow sugar-avoiders, just use that glaze instead! You won’t be able to see it, so the cake will look plain, but you can decorate it with some lemon wedges and sprinkle some more lemon zest on top and it will look beautiful in its simplicity, okay? 🙂
Glad we got that confession out of the way.
Now quickly onto revealing last Friday’s food scale giveaway winner:
Send me an email (to firstname.lastname@example.org) with your full name, phone number and mailing address and I will get Slimkicker to send over your digital food scale asap!
Now…here’s your recipe!
Lemon Olive Oil Bundt Cake
INGREDIENTS (serves about 14 slices):
3 cups flour of choice
1 1/2 cups stevia baking formula (I used NuNaturals MoreFiber Baking Blend)
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 cup melted coconut oil
1/2 cup olive oil
1 cup unsweetened almond milk + 1 tbsp white vinegar, mixed and left to sit for 2-3 minutes
1/4 cup lemon zest
Zest of one lemon
1 cup agave nectar
Juice of 2 lemons
1. Preheat oven to 350 F. Combine flour, stevia baking formula, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a large mixing bowl.
2. In a smaller bowl, mix oils with milk. Whisk in eggs.
3. Add lemon zest and juice to the wet ingredients and mix. Then pour wet ingredients into dry in the larger mixing bowl and stir until just combined.
4. Pour into a lightly greased bundt cake tin sprinkled with flour.
5. Bake for 40 minutes or until springy to the touch. Insert a toothpick or skewer and make sure it comes out clean to ensure it is cooked throughout.
6. In a small saucepan, combine agave nectar and lemon juice to create glaze. Heat slowly, over a low heat, whisking constantly. When glaze has thinned out slightly, remove from heat and pour over bundt cake. Enjoy!
Nutritional information is per slice (before glaze):