Get Your Cardio Fix
Haha, I just had to…
Pinterest isn’t just useful for finding outfit ideas or recipe inspiration.
I use it all the time for fitness ideas – from individual exercises to full-on routines.
I do it sometimes, but mostly I don’t like it because once I’ve planned it I know what’s coming, and then I can dread it. Sounds crazy, but it’s true! Cardio is all mental for me. I have to plug into my music and follow some specific instructions and then I’m fine.
So I browse Pinterest and grab cardio workouts from there instead of coming up with them myself.
I thought I’d share some of my favourite workout routines and guides that I’ve found over the months…
- I love doing incline climbs on the treadmill, so here’s a great one to get those glutes fired up!
DO ANYWHERE WORKOUT
- You can do this workout ANYWHERE – it combines strength moves and gets you to do them quickly and repetitively in a circuit to give you the cardio benefit:
- Here’s a fun workout for you – a countdown cardio workout! Start at 10, end at 1 – nothing could be easier, and you’ll definitely break a sweat!
- A basic cardio method that WORKS:
- I love the elliptical for how kind it is to your joints while still giving you a kick-a** workout! This is a great switch-it-up elliptical routine that won’t leave you bored:
- Look, you should ALWAYS customize your workout to your own needs – but for a basic guide, this is pretty awesome:
- A quick intro to getting the most out of your cardio intervals:
- Feeling in a jumpy mood? Get hopping – this one burns some nice calories while being pretty fun to do too!
- Do you ever turn to Pinterest for some fun cardio ideas?
- What’s your favourite to do – cardio or strength training?
**UPDATED to add: Angela at Oh She Glows just posted a couple of her own boredom-busting treadmill routines – check them out here!